I did it!!!! I did it, I did it.
I finished my first round of developmental edits for my latest novel: Ashfield Estate– a YA mystery that plays with the classic boarding school trope but adds elements of horror, dystopia and satire.
Although I have a ways to go before it reaches the query stage, I have completed my second book!
It is now in the capable hands of my editor. Which in my mind, is the equivalent of handing over a jumble of tangled chains to someone and waiting for them to return necklaces.
I’m hoping this book is the one. It’s leaner, it’s meaner and I think I’ve learned and grown as a writer in the process.
And as usual. I’m hopeful. Always hopeful.
Cheers always. Hope to update again soon.
Cover art by me! A fun reward for completion.